It's a Redneck Life

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I Survived Christmas

Hope Santa brought ya'll what you asked for. I got a new pair of cowboy boots. There is nothing better than getting new boots for Christmas. It just makes me happy, happy, happy. If I didn't get anything for Christmas for the rest of my life except boots and jeans, I would be absolutely happy. It was a great day with my folks and sister and taking Granny her gifts but I have to say I'm glad it's over. I do wish that people would leave their outside decorations & lights up until at least the end of February. There's no law saying they have to come down, well unless you live in one of those "yuppie subdivisions". Out here in the sticks we can do whatever we want and I think we should, at least, leave the lights up & decorations that aren't actual Christmas related. It's so depressing there's no leaves on the trees, the grass is dead. Everything outside is the same dull brown color. It would be great because you see Rednecks go crazy when it comes to Christmas lights and yard decorations. We will put lights on anything sitting or standing in the yard and the house. Lights made in to stars, bells, horses running, crosses & race cars. On highway 169 there's a house that always has some scene with race cars pulling Santa's sleigh. One year the cars and the sleigh were just leaving the ground and there was police car chasing them. That was my all time favorite. This year they have taken off and their is a blue car with yellow 48 numbers still on the ground with the hood up. Now if you're any kind of a redneck you know that #48 is the Lowes sponsored car, driven by Jimmie Johnson. Jimmie's won like 4 or 5 Nascar Championships in a row. You either love him or hate him. I think he's an arrogant ass so this little scene makes me smile every time I go past it. Out here closer to where I live a house has sprint cars made out of lights set up to look like they are racing. It's pretty awesome too. These are the kinds of decorations that should be left up for a while longer just to keep things a little more cheerful. The old tractor or wagon that's been wrapped in lights, they should leave them up all year long because they're just cool looking at night. I saw a windmill covered in lights, last night, and it looked pretty awesome too. Some times it's the little things like that can lift a person's spirits and put a smile on their face and isn't that kind of what the Christmas spirit is all about? So let me just say that Christmas lights should stay up as long you want to leave them up or at least until the trees start getting leaves again. It shouldn't be about spending a butt load of money, you don't have, to buy a bunch of presents. Christmas should be about family & friends and doing things for those less fortunate even if its just putting a smile on their face with your yard full of Christmas lights. Besides it wouldn't be that hard to take those lights in the shape of a bell or wreath and move them around a little to make a heart shape and there you go, Valentine's decorations. Know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment